Beau Séjour Season 2
Photo: Frank Devos
Former naval officer Maurice (65) witnesses his own lifeless body, dangling from the mast of his sailboat “Beau Séjour”. A raging storm throws him overboard, into the whirling sea. Maurice however, wakes up on the beach and notices nobody can see or hear him. He discovers he’s in fact dead – suicide.
But apparently, he’s still roaming about as some kind of “living dead”. Why? That his family is glad to be rid of him becomes painfully clear from the harsh, cold reactions to his death. Maurice can’t remember anything from that fatal night. But he doesn’t believe himself capable of suicide. Moreover, some of the facts in the police investigation are off.
So he starts investigating his own death. That’s how he gets to know his grandson Jasper (8), who, for some reason, actually can see Maurice. It’s the start of a unique friendship.
Later on, some other ‘seers’ appear. It seems that Maurice is given a second chance to make up for his mistakes from the past. To repair the broken bond between his daughters and his family. Maurice hopes to solve the mystery of his own death, and find peace forever.
- Thriller / Series
- Producer(s) & Channel(s):
- De Mensen / VRT / Eén / Gardner and Domm / Column Film
- Kaat Beels & Nathalie Basteyns
- Written by Roel Mondelaers, Sanne Nuyens / Created by Nathalie Basteyns, Sanne Nuyens
- Gene Bervoets, Katelijne Verbeke, Greet Verstraete, Emilie De Roo, Lize Feryn
- Belgian / English
- Available rights:
- French-speaking territories / Worldwide